A Matter of Brilliance is a professional jewelry appraisal company based in Newton, MA, founded by Aimee Berrent, Graduate Gemologist. Our appraisals can be used to:
This is why it is important to keep your appraisals up to date, especially given the continuing rise in the gold and gemstone markets.
How much is mom’s diamond brooch worth?
Can you share inherited jewelry equitably?
Are you giving jewelry as a gift to a family member, or someone else?
We can help answer your questions and if needed we also provide professional documentation for your personal records or to insure your valuables.
- Insurance Replacement Appraisal
- Estate Appraisal
- Personal Jewelry Catalog
- Verify Internet Purchase
- Selling Gold & Diamond Jewelry
Hiring an appraiser is a very sensitive decision. You should make sure that it’s someone who is knowledgeable and trust worthy. At the end of the day, you will share with them your most intimate and valuable belongings.
Here are five reasons why our client’s are happier:
- We have over 25 years of experience
- We accept home appointments
- We stay up to date with the market and all current trends
- We respect your confidentiality and treat you with courtesy and grace
- We are happy to answer your questions about your jewelry
Frequently Asked Questions
Appraisals can include the following:
- The value clearly stated
- A digital color photograph of each piece
- Documentation of the type and condition of the metal and mounting
- A description of the stone(s), including grades of clarity, color and cut, measurements and weight.
- My signature as an accredited gemologist
For non-verbal appraisals, I’ll give you two copies of the appraisal, one of which you can, if you wish, send to your insurance company.
Typically clients do not need to leave their jewelry. In fact, clients are encouraged to stay and observe the appraisal process. Please allow approximately 30 minutes per item.
Of course, clients are able to make arrangements to leave their jewelry and return after the appraisal is completed.
Of course we do! Home appointments are available from Maine to Florida.
We realize that it may be impractical to carry all your expensive jewelry with you and we want to make it as convenient and as safe for you as possible.
We accept Cash, Check, MasterCard, Visa, and American Express
Book your appraisal →
Give us a call:
(617) 304 – 0174
We also serve: Boston MA, Lowell MA, Cambridge MA, Newton MA, New Bedford MA, Brockton MA, Quincy MA, Lynn MA, Fall River MA, Lawrence MA, Somerville MA, Framingham MA, Natick MA, Waltham MA, Malden MA, Brookline MA, Plymouth MA, Medford MA, Wellesley MA, Barnstable MA, Cape Cod MA, Bourne MA, Falmouth MA, Sandwich MA, Yarmouth MA, Hyannis MA.