A Matter of Brilliance is a professional jewelry appraisal company based in Newton, MA, founded by Aimee Berrent, Graduate Gemologist. Our appraisals can be used to:
Wondering what jewelry trends we’ll be seeing this winter? National Jeweler recently covered the Annual Jewelers of America Fine Jewelry Show, which spotlighted upcoming styles by jewelers around the country and beyond.
Here, as reported by Ashley Davis, is a summary of the show’s hottest trends:
- Bright, bold colors: Whether a single stone provides a pop of color or a grouping enhances their saturation, subtle is out.
- Cuff bracelets: We’ve gone from bangles to small stones…right back to chunky cuffs. The real-McCoys have gemstones studded throughout (diamonds, rubies). But look for less-pricey versions at a jeweler near you in the future.
- Organic energy: This means jewelry made from nature. Examples include bamboo, wood, horn, shell, bone, and pearls. Combined with silver, gold, and precious gems, these produce a striking nature/elegant look that catches the eye.
- Fringe: We saw it in clothing and pocketbooks this year; now it’s moving on to jewelry, from long, dangly earrings to pendants with streamers of small jewels in long tassels.
Other trends to look for in the coming months:
- Ear cuffs and over-the-top, clunky earrings
- Asymmetric pieces, including rings, earrings, and pendants
- Stackable statement rings
- Layering necklaces
Thinking about updating your jewelry?
It’s fun—and exciting—to get an occasional statement piece to add to your collection. Start looking now so you’ll have it in time for the holidays. When you do get a new piece, don’t forget to get an appraisal so you can add it to your insurance policy. Contact me to get the appraisal done in time to wear your gems confidently in the holiday months to come.
Sparklingly yours, Aimee